Thursday, March 7, 2013

Day Six -YouTube



YouTube


I have a YouTube channel I began in 2007 with the intention of posting poetry and excerpts from my books. 

Has anyone noticed how my responses to this challenge so often make reference to ‘my intentions? 

I suppose this makes me a person of good intentions – but of poor of outcomes. 

On joining YouTube, I posted a video of one of my sons tap dancing while wearing thongs – Australian speak for flip flops and not something designed to strangle one’s nether regions – I wasn’t going to put the link here but, oh, okay, here it is – in his (or my or our) defence, I’d like to say he is now a few years older, maybe a little wiser and less inclined to dance in thongs of any persuasion, although the child within is alive and well.

Every so often I revisit my intention and ‘think’ about what I might post. Three times I’ve updated my webcam to achieve a better result and even recorded some poems, but never been happy with the result. Maybe I’ll try again today. 

There, I’ve just put it on my To-Do list – that place of good intentions that, all too often, turns into the repository of aim and purpose.

Mostly I use YouTube as a learning resource. Some of my favourites are How to pitch your novel and Pitching your novel both of which I reference when running my Pitching Your Novel Workshop for participants to follow up on later, and What to bring to a writing conference is also a good one.

There are so many clever posts, I don’t think I have a favourite, but I have been known to dawdle and draw inspiration from Debbie Byrne singing Heroes and, while the video is not of the highest quality, it is worth a visit.

1 comment:

  1. Your son is a fine dancer! I can only imagine that in tap shoes. :) Quite entertaining, Merlene! :) Thanks for sharing your links, too! WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete

For some reason I'm yet to fathom I'm unable to reply to comments left by others so thank you for dropping by and taking the time to read and comment. Merlene