Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Day 17 Author Blog Challenge

What has been the biggest surprise about writing/publishing your book? What has been the most enjoyable or most memorable aspect?

My answer to today’s prompt is brief.


With my proclivity for procrastination, the biggest surprise for me in writing any book is in actually finishing each project, the moment it’s in formatted book form, really finished, the moment I’m not grabbing it back for just one more edit, one more inclusion, the moment I know I can tick it off the list and get on with the next project.



The most memorable aspect is opening the carton and releasing the heady aroma of printed copies, like holding a well-earned diploma after years of study and dancing to the applause in my head.



2 comments:

  1. Imagery is a powerful writing and saw every suggestion in the pieces above. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, initially finishing a book was a big surprise to me. It becomes addictive though, I am used to that part. Its the rest of the publishing process I need to get used to now.

    ReplyDelete

For some reason I'm yet to fathom I'm unable to reply to comments left by others so thank you for dropping by and taking the time to read and comment. Merlene